Powered by Blogger.

Dress those Bare Walls

>> Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am inspired by a great art gallery wall. A hallway, a stairway, a foyer, a living room/family room is a great place to have an art gallery. It is great way to personalize your home. Something the homeowner is interested in or pictures of friends and family. You can even display your collections in shadowboxes and create an art gallery with that.Some like a random layout while others prefer symmetry.It does seem a little overwhelming at first but is really not that difficult. It is all about grouping art and pictures that you love.

Here are some tips for making your own art gallery.

If you have art with different subjects you can use same colored frames to unify the look of your gallery .If you have a lot of mismatched frames spray paint them all the same color .Mix simple frames with some much more ornate ones.You can even mix colored and black and white photographs as seen in this picture below.The White frames bring it all together unifying the look.


You just cant go wrong with black and white pictures of family and friends!



Start with the biggest or the key piece and scatter around the other pieces to create an organic flow.

Do not leave a lot of space in between the frames.As a suggested rule 1"-2" for close spacing and 4" at the most for wider spacing.

Other unique ways to create an art gallery would be displaying pictures on wall shelves rather than hanging them.

I also came across the Studio wall easel at pottery barn which seem such a amazing way of displaying art/pictures.It provides great flexibility to change the layout as and when you please .



Look at the unique way in which art has been displayed in the pic below.



Use pictures with the same subject if you like a more cohesive look.





Or as in this case go totally eclectic.



If you are scared to drill that hole in the wall like me test your layout with paper. It is as easy as cutting craft paper in the size of your frames and sticking it on your walls.Once you like what you see, you can hang those frames.Here is a layout that I came for a wall above the sectional in my family room Have a look!




Now all I have to do is get the frames and finish the project.This is will definitely add the much needed color to our family room!

Here are some more inspiring art galleries.




Photo Sources: House and Home.com, Martha Stewart living,Pottery barn,Crate and Barrel, Horchow,Mermaid Hut.com,CountryLiving.com

Bye for now!

11 comments:

Unknown November 6, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

Thanks for sharing this post on Blogfrog. I really like these ideas. I think I may copy one. My family just took professional pics 2 weeks ago! Yeah.

Unknown November 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

I am so gald the tips help you.

KD November 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

Those are some great ideas! Timely for me as I've been really thinking about doing some of this in my house. Thanks!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY November 12, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

The photos up the staircase is an awesomely unique idea!

Fowl Single File November 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

I've gotta get me a staircase! I love the way they hung the photos on side of each step...thanks for all eye candy!

Unknown November 20, 2010 at 6:28 AM  

I love the staircase display

Anonymous,  October 22, 2018 at 1:36 AM  

Every idea here is fantastic! I can't wait to look for apartments for rent in Dubai now and find my new home right away!

serialsoft July 22, 2021 at 7:21 PM  


Lansweeper Crack This is a very helpful site for anyone, each and every man can easily operate this site and can get benefistss

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP