Powered by Blogger.

colorful gingerbread village

>> Monday, December 20, 2010

Last year we made a gingerbread house and this here we decided to go a step ahead and make a ginger bread village. I am no baker and so we decided to get the kits that are available at Target.



The kit comes with 5 structures for you to decorate along with ready made icing which I loved, a variety of candy to decorate and colored sugar to add some sparkle. It also include shredded coconut for adding artificial snow.


I had so much fun making this with my daughter! I know you see just 4 houses instead of 5. That is because we happened to break the top shop. We have Santa's house, the bakery, the candy shop and the chalet. We used fruit roll for the roof of the candy shop and I used acrylic paints to create scroll designs on the house. The road is made with cocoa puffs.

One more thing. I just added a facebook fan page. You can now follow the blog using google connect, facebook or twitter.

I have linked to the following link parties

The DIY Show Off

http://www.thegirlcreative.blogspot.com/
http://sewcando.blogspot.com/
an do
http://cottageinstincts.blogspot.com/
http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftedition.blogspot.com/
Totally Tuesday Blog Hop
Tip Junkies tip me Tuesday
Creative Juice Thursdays @ Momnivore dilemma

7 comments:

Cheryl December 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

Love it, what fun! Thanks for stopping by Showcase Sisters! We hope you're enjoying this magical time of year!

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Super cute! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your cute cottage with us. I am sure your daughter must of LOVED making this with you. My youngest daughter is 17 now and she loved doing this every year until about age 15 so I kind of miss it now. :( I do have a 2 year old grand baby that I can't wait to start over with though, her mommy don't care for this so I'll have lots of fun, can't wait. :)
Merry Christmas everybody!
Laura

ArtzeeChris December 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

You did a super cute job on your Christmas gingerbread village. I saw the same set at Target and debated on getting it. I wound up with the Wilton Gingerbread house that we still need to put together, but now seeing how lovely yours is, maybe we should do the village too!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Chris (Artzee Chris)
Artzee Chris' Blog

Cindy December 23, 2010 at 5:16 AM  

What a great idea. I'm following you back. Thanks for visiting.

Carey C. Bailey December 23, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Feel free to use the sugar scrub from With Joy for your post. Carey!

Anonymous,  October 22, 2018 at 1:33 AM  

Did you know that you can easily find the best apartments for rent in Dubai WITHOUT COMMISSION! All you need is to pay a fixed-fee of AED 999!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP